Eflite Apprentice Issues

I have an Eflite apprentice which I have been learning to fly with. Marvellous plane for a beginner but I now have a strange problem with it which I can't seem to resolve. I use the supplied DXe Transmitter.

The elevator goes up and down correctly when first switched on but as soon as I put the throttle up to 50 percent the elevator refuses to move down and only moves up about 2mm. Switching off the receiver power puts everything back to normal until the throttle is again put up to 50 percent.

I have tried plugging the rudder servo into the elevator socket on the receiver and the same things happens. I have tried a different transmitter and the same problem is there. I do suspect it is the ESC, any idea how this can be reset?

Has anyone got any idea what is happening and where the fault lies as this problem is driving me mad especially as lockdown has just been lifted up here in Scotland and I can't fly my plane?

Advert

Try reversing the panic button - Sounds like you are stuck in panic mode.

Note that the receiver is programmed to add a small amount of up elevator as throttle increases beyond 50%, which is why you are seeing the up elevator movement as you advance the throttle.

Edited By Jason-I on 01/06/2020 22:53:35

Probably not the ESC. Sounds like the problem may be with the receiver or tx program and as Jason says, possibly a reversed panic switch. I assume all the other control surfaces work ok?

I don’t have the manual for my apprentice at hand but I’m pretty sure there is a way outlined in the manual to do a reset.

ive been flying my apprentice for a few years now and I still enjoy flying it. Almost always on expert mode now. But it performs really well and I get great flight times out of it. It has been banged up and rebuilt or repaired a bunch of times now but it’s a tough little plane.

hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Hi Jason. Yes that has worked. 2 flights today and working fine. Presumably the Panic button channel should be reversed and I have put it to normal when I have been switching between my 2 planes. Many thanks for your help and to everybody else who responded so quickly.

I will certainly use this forum in future and hopefully I can help someone with their problems.

My Apprentice is a great plane. I have built a balsa tail for mine as I found the original was very flimsy and easily damaged not to mention expensive at £23 a go. I went through 3 sets!