Flair Christen Eagle

Looking for some help.

I am after a Cowl and Canopy for a Flair Christen eagle.

I have tried the number for Flair but it comes back as unrecognised.

Their kits seem to be available through stockists so I assume they still exist.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Advert

Flair marketed a range of ARTF kits made in the far East in the early 2000's. They did not manufacture these kits and ownership of the company changed around 2005/6.

The new owners sporadically made batches of the Flair Scouts (Puppeteer, Magnatilla and so on) but seem to have stopped all production now. They did not continue to offer the ARTFs, so your chances of finding one seem small sadly.

You will have to hope somebody comes up with the parts for you. Have you tried searching Ebay, Facebook marketplace and the BMFA classifieds for old airframes that you could steal the bits from?

I had the Flair 66" Christen eagle a few years ago, it was old enough when I got my hands on it so I'd suggest it was marketed maybe 2000ish? They didn't make the kit themselves, I think it would have been a CMPro model with the Flair label on the box. My canopy and cowl were both cracked too. I couldn't find a replacement canopy so that was taped up and sprayed black on the inside, the cowl was patched with fibreglass and painted white. If you don't have either to start with then you will need to adapt a suitably sized canopy from a large Extra, Laser or similar petrol model. The cowl would have to be a scratch build, either wood or maybe a lost foam glass lay-up.

They fly very nicely despite their weight, a good 120 will fly it but a 180 fourstroke/30cc + petrol will be better.

Thanks for the info both of you.

I'm beginning to realise that have more chance of seeing a Dodo walk past my front door than finding the partscrying.

Bob: I do have the the Cowl and Canopy but like yours they are a bit tatty. Generally for an old plane it is in pretty good condition, though in the past it looks like the firewall has failed and someone has made a bodged repair. My intention is to remove the old and repair with new. Wings and Tail Feathers are all pretty good. This is a no rush project, the building should be as enjoyable as the flying.

Came with a Super Tigre ST2000 and in a way I would like to keep it in period. I do have an ST3000 but that is going into a scratch built ACE Big Bingo. I do have an ST2500 doing nothing and there is also a DLE 30 on the shelf but I have ear marked that for an Acro Wot XL.

I am beginning to think that I may have to many planes to build with to many engines and not enough timelaugh

Cheers

Paul