Lipo lead question

Christopher Morris 2

Hi, i have a lipo battery as per photo & was curious if the leads A & C are different in any way "Besides the plugs" 4000mah 7.4v 8c. IE: Are they just joined together inside. Or has one got a diode or similar attached to it? It was just a case of could i charge or discharge from either. Thanks

Edited By Christopher Morris 2 on 09/06/2020 10:03:07

Advert

I'd be wary of charging through the extra lead while it's connected to the tx unless you are sure that it has mechanical switches isolating the tx electronics. I know many use soft switches, how would they cope with the charge voltage? I don't know, certainly with my Taranis I unplug the pack before charging it. Does the DX6E have a lithium compatible charger built in?

It's for dual purpose sockets, can be used for both 'Tx' and 'Rx'. For example I use a similar 3 lead lipo, and life batteries on my Rx using the 'C' lead for supply and charging through the Rx switch and the 'B' lead for balance

On my Tx I would much prefer to use the provided charger for the Tx and leave the lipo in.

Thanks for the replies, BUT I'm an idiot. I should of given a bit more thought when purchasing. The battery discharger shown below isn't suitable as its only a 3-6 cell & the battery leads shown earlier is only a 2cell.
But will be handy on all my other batteries.
What i wanted to do was plug this in the JST plug to save from keep unplugging the A lead off the DX6e & damaging to the transmitter.

Edited By Christopher Morris 2 on 09/06/2020 14:49:09