New in North Yorks

James York

Morning all!

I've (yesterday!) picked up a Flair Cub RC nitro plane....all VERY new to me. I've flown drones before, and attempted an RC Helicopter (unsuccesfully!)

The plane was cheap enough that I felt that it wouldnt damage my wallet too much if I couldnt make head or tails of it... I really would like to learn how!

So, any tips, help, assistance, would all be greatly appreciated!

Advert

A) find a local club. There you will have a very good chance that someone will be able to provide hands-on guidance.

B) find a local club. Many have designated instructors.

C) find a local club. Here you will get guidance on flying safety, legal requirements and local no-go areas.

D) find a local club. It's more enjoyable sharing successes and disasters with a bunch of similar minded enthusiasts who will always be more than willing to applaud your efforts and pull your leg about them!laugh

E) can you guess?

Can I take a guess at E)?? Dont crash!!!

Am I right?

I do know of a local club, but you know that feeling when you are a newbie at something and you feel really awkward approaching "the knowledge"? Thats how I feel....

Let me work on my courage!

James,

Despite its title, North Leeds MFC flies from a site between Stainburn/Huby in N Yorks. We have capacity for new members, preferably with GSOH and without glow 2 strokes which aren't permitted. Just about anything else goes, even the Dark Side (quads).

You'd be welcome to call in, there's somebody there most of the time in this weather. If of interest, pm me and I'll try to meet you there.

Bruce Collinson