Banjo 2 Build

Saw the Banjo 2, not had a "Disco" model before. would be handy to keep to distract terrorists...

Think I'll put a IC engine in mine. Do have quite a few motors, but as the review model was electric, why not IC it?

Probably thinking of a .25 would be sufficient. I thought a .15, but is quite a draggy airframe and wide fuselage.

crp_flying-banjo.jpg

Advert

Ok guys I'm looking to go the electric route because I have a stack of 2200 3s batteries. The plan suggests 250 to 300 watts of power, can anyone suggest a suitable motor/esc/prop? As you can tell I'm not a electric flyer but I have flown a similar model in the early 80s on nitro and thought it would be a blast from the past

Posted by Johnny Kirkham on 28/06/2020 11:28:49:

Ok guys I'm looking to go the electric route because I have a stack of 2200 3s batteries. The plan suggests 250 to 300 watts of power, can anyone suggest a suitable motor/esc/prop? As you can tell I'm not a electric flyer but I have flown a similar model in the early 80s on nitro and thought it would be a blast from the past

I'd be looking at a Wot foam-e sort of size, 35mm dia like this 3535 from 4-Max (other suppliers are available) something around 1400kv should be good on a 9" prop. 40A esc for a bit of leeway and you should be good to go!

Flew it today. had two flights. Was tail heavy and although balances as per plan, moved the battery forwards and better now. Wasn't nasty on the first flight, but had to hold down in. Does balloon up on full power, but slows right down for floaty landing.

Probably the last post for me on this, unless interested.

disco2 (3).jpg

Edited By Paul Marsh on 09/07/2020 19:10:42