Hawker Hart 72" span model designer identity and c of g?

I bought this about a year ago and have just got round to pulling all the old Skyleader rx and servos out of it to put modern 2.4 stuff in. It has a 2 stroke i.c in it which is coming out to be replaced by an electric set up. The airframe is very light for it`s size and should make a nice flying model, my question is c of g, i have measured where it is on the current set up as it has obviously flown as is so that is my starting point but i have looked at the Gordon Whitehead 72" version and it is much further forward on that. This model is not built from that plan, the tailplane construction is much lighter on this and has no sheeting in the centre of it. I see on Sarik`s website that David Smith did a 73" one and it is on the X List plans list, the plan is nearly £30 so i don`t wish to purchase it unless i know my model IS built from that plan but i would be very interested to know where the c of g is on that. Can anyone help in any way c of g wise? Many thanks for any help given. h hawk 4.jpg img_20200709_111334_resized_20200709_111356267.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 09/07/2020 11:47:14

Advert

• 2 months later...

Hi Martin

The Sarik plan RC 1538 73" plan also has a 1/16th central sheet in the tail plane and rudder. But as its a plan the builder can do what they like! The Main wing cord is just under 12"

The c of g is marked as exactly halfway between the cabane struts of the top wing

As an aside the plan also shows it as a two seat bomber not the trainer as you have.

Good luck