Opinion on servos for electric models

I am looking for replacements for HXT900, 9g servos. I am finding that I am braking the teeth on them, which seems to occur more regularly as my models get bigger.

My preferred replacements are HK939MG servos, as i have some already and they work well. the problem is they are on back-order, as everything seems to be, if any good.

I have some Corona DS-929 digital Servos, although I have doubts about them, as they seem sensitive to the BEC on the ESC.

I see that I can 4max 100amg-022, any one have any opinion of them Or the Corona 929mg?

Or any other of the 9g types that are in stock?

Advert

Hi Erfolg

My servo of choice in that size would be Emax ES09 metal gear digital. Got loads in use and never had one fail yet.

Bangood have them for a good price, that's assuming they ever decide to send out orders (got three outstanding and no idea when they will ship).

Other than that, I'm sure 4-Max could supply an equivalent.

Jeff

Addlestone Model Centre have etronix 9g metal geared servos in. I've piled a few into the ground and so far they have survived with no jitters, broken teeth or arms. Plenty of bent foamboard though. At £6.99 they're worth a go.

https://www.addlestone-models.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=9g&PN=ET2006%2DETRONIX%2DMETAL%2DGEAR%2DSERVO%2D%2D9g%2D%2D2%2E5Kg%2Dcm%2D%2D0%2E10sec%2D60deg%2D%2DET2006%2Ehtml#SID=133