Bits & bobs "swap shop"via the forum

I think that an area by area categorisation ( for obvious reasons) of models but mostly spares would be beneficial in these hard times .I bet everyone has stuff they don't use for one reason or another ? Even non modelling gear .In my case I have lots of musical equipment which I would swop for a couple of 4 strokes for example .Any thoughts anyone ? I'm pretty sure that honesty prevails amongst modellers cos its in their character .At least that  is what I've found ' Yes I know there are plenty of "bargains" to be had from various sources but this would rule out middle men

Advert

Doesn't sound bad, but what happens (not say that any of you are) if a conman turns up? I'd hate my cello (just as an example - I would never sell it) went away, and the big expensive lipo didn't turn up. By cutting out the middle man it makes it far easier for fraudulent dealings.

Surly the PM link could be used and a meet arranged with both parties bringing the goods and doing the swap. As was sugested doing area by area would cut down on travel, and if the PM system was used and a bad experiance was had could this not be reported to either David or Timbo. Sorry about that as I know you both do an awful lot on the forum as it is

Garry

Well on a purely personal note, I think its a possible goer - however I am not sure how the traders who pay to advertise on the forum would feel about it....and therefore the marketing guys would probably veto it. After all, ANYTHING which may impact on potential sales will be a concern to them - in these times especially.

Plus it may impact on the existing classifieds section.

I am sure David will have a view on this in the morning ( he's tucked up with his cocoa by now probably )