Control rods

Basil

I am looking at the possiblity of using a lightwieght,white (Logic F-RCA117 Plastic control rod ) plastic control rods for elevators. It is obvious that they will need support!!!!.

What guidance would builders give about their use and limits please. Bearing in mind that I am a mature returnee !!!! I am also puzzled as to how and with what  you would couple up the cable to aflying surface and servos.

Thank you in advance

Barry

Edited By Basil on 22/07/2020 12:21:00

Edited By Basil on 22/07/2020 12:48:05

Basil,

Will depend heavily on the unsupported length and the elevator load. I've gone off these, although they are handy for awkward narrow fuselages. Maybe dry mount it and see how floppy it is?

End fittings usually involve a clevis, aka quicklink. The snakes I've used, SLEC and Sullivan, have hollow inner cables to thread studding, M2 probably, giving lots of adjustment.

BTC

Limits, something very lightweight... or very slow. Also, these things are rather prone to expansion and contraction with temperature change.

For coupling to a control, use a threaded metal M2 extender and crimp it. You can buy them with a snaplink ready bonded to one end, leaving just the single crimp to sort out.

**LINK**