DX6E used with DX6I on trainer mode

PAUL HUTCHINSON 2

Hi guys

Has anyone experienced any problems when using wireless trainer mode on a DX6E transmitter as the master and DX6I as the slave set.

The plane was a Wot 4 Foam E

To explain more my son was flying on his DX6I and I was in master control with the DX6E if anything went wrong. He took off and flew for one complete battery without any problems. Then we brought it down changed the batterie still with the transmitters bound together wirelessley, we done a quick control check and all was fine he took off again and flew for a couple of mins and then the plane went haywire I tried to take control but seemed I had no control 10 secs later the plane hit the deck.

Has anyone experienced this before, my DX6E is a couple of months old my sons is slightly older and we bought it off ebay, we have done range checks etc and all have always been ok. The only thing is we cant move his transmitter ariel as the hinge is broken so we have it heat shrinked.

Any ideas?

Thanks and appreciate your feedback

Advert

Two thing spring to mind:

1) Take the back off the DX6i and check to see if the actual aerial wire has been broken or come adrift from the RF board. Someone I fly with lost a coupe of models and when he took the transmitter apart the aerial wire had broken inside (he also had a broken external aerial cover, he replaced the pivot with a piece of carbon fibre rod). I believe the DX6i doesn't have diversity antennae so there is only one aerial unlike the DX6 which has two.

2) How far apart were master and slave transmitters at the time? I once went to retrieve a model and my slave transmitter must have lost contact with the master transmitter and the model decided it would try to take off even though my motor cut out was on. After that we made sure that the transmitters were in close proximity if slaved together.

The DX6i has been out of production for some time and if you bought it off Ebay you don't know how hard a life it has had. It may be a good idea to have it checked over by Al's Hobbies who are authorised repairers for Spektrum equipment.