Best interference free 2.4 tx under ?350?

Advert

Posted by Brian Cooper on 25/09/2020 12:27:53:
Posted by Martin_K on 25/09/2020 06:35:50:
Posted by Brian Cooper on 25/09/2020 01:57:54:

It was landed with no damage, and we reversed the ailerons back......

What exactly was changed? A logic setting configured in a software interface? Something controlled via physical switches?

Multiplex: Two channels changed their direction. Presumably something got into the computer settings and gave it a kick. As luck(?) would have it, it was the two aileron channels (one channel on each aileron) which changed. . On future flights, it might just as easily be any other channels...... who knows..!!? . . However, in the great lottery which has presented itself, it is kind-of good fun wondering how many channels will still be working in the correct sense when the model lands. smile o

I shall stick with my tried, proven and utterly reliable Spektrum DSMX equipment. yes

Edited By Brian Cooper on 25/09/2020 12:30:16

I just stumbled across a similarly baffling control issue with a Spektrum DX18. I infer due to an internal short circuit in the TX.

I assume Spektrum paid the service agent (Logic RC) to fix it.

Posted by Doc Marten on 26/09/2020 12:02:37:
Posted by MattyB on 26/09/2020 11:26:06:
Posted by Doc Marten on 26/09/2020 11:08:05:

It's mainly because of OpenTx, Rx pack voltage and RSS telemetry that I use 2.4gig if I'm honest.

You just answered your own question! Who wants to give up those things to go back to a time where frequency control was manual and certain colleagues would hold the peg you wanted hostage! No thanks. I've had nearly 10 years of 2.4GHz usage now without any issues, the last place I would go is back to 35MHz at this point. Besides, from what I understand from the few people I know still devoted to FM, crystals are as rare as hens teeth these days...

OpenTx and telemetry are nice pluses for 2.4Gig users. Give them to me on 35Meg and I'll make a choice of one or other.

Was frequency hogging a major problem really? More like complaints from particular flyers wanting to use their chosen spot and not being able to, It was no big deal to swap crystals.

Yes, it was a major problem for me as I fly (well more flew tbh these days) a lot of slope. Flight times are often much longer and fuselages very tight making crystal swaps/setting the freq on a synth RX very difficult, especially on cold days.

Eventually I gave up and moved to 2.4 more on a “If you can’t beat em join em” - freq discipline on 35Mhz had been lost at two of my main sites, especially on days where there were two alternative slopes to choose from n the same locale. I can’t say I’ve ever regretted it, though there was a learning curve to be climbed around power supply for digital devices and antenna installation. I’ve never lost a model to RF issues on 2.4 though (on FM and 27Mhz AM I’ve been shot down at least 3 times).

Edited By MattyB on 26/09/2020 20:14:36