Gibson's dog to be renamed in Dambusters remake

Keiran Arnold

Advert

This sort of thing really gets right up my snogger. With so much money in blockbuster films, why the hell can't we make our own films???????

We are always hearing from the Americans that we have the best technicians and great expertese in the film industry, so why don't we just get cracking??. Surely its not just a case of finding the finance, because the returns for a good successful film are enormous.

Surely, even the Americans started off in a very small way once and finally got to where they are today.

John. 

Hi John, I posed this very question to an aquaintance in the film industry some while ago, his answer was quite simple... even if we raised the money and made the film we would have a problem with distribution as the USA controls the distribution companies and always gives preference to the US film makers. I guess it's just one more industry that we no longer have.

Well, just by my house they put in a leasure path for walkers and cyclists, then they discovered people taking a shortcut in thier cars so put in two steel pipe bollards to stop them which took three men the best part of a day to do.

Then they realised they had to do some work to stop ground water flooding further down the path so along came three other men with a big digger and chiselled/pulled them out again so the could get the digger plus dumper through to dig the hole, when they have finished they will spend another day putting the bollards back again.

THIS is the sort of thing that really pee's me off because nobody seems to know what is going on, it is a hap-hazzard unplanned attempt to get all the work done around here before the construction company runs out of time and into penalties, its like something out of the Keystone Cops silent movies most days,

regards,     Terry

after a lifetime on building sites I'm afraid no amount of mushroom management and reactionary organisation surprises me any longer. its not as if these so called project managers plan to fail just more a case of failing to plan. far to much arrogance in their own abilities and not enough patience to sit down and listen to those experts they employ

The one thing I'm not is insanitary -Yes ! I have a bath every month whether I need it or not on the orders of SHMBO 'd  Sent an e mail to brother in Florida about the info we get here from the BBC etc.regarding politics  election etc -Giving my views .Guess what ?- literally within seconds I;ve had responses from USA thanking me for my deliberations and opinions wanting more? Big brother rules OK -OK ? WHO IS READING THIS I ASK?