2020 Weston Park Flying Show cancelled / postponed

OFFICIAL:
"Weston Park Model Air Show 2020 will now be postponed until 18th, 19th and 20th June 2021.

Ticket Refunds:

All purchased DAY tickets for the cancelled October show will automatically be refunded".

Shows this covid-19 thing has become more than serious - and will go on for some time to come me thinks.

I was hospitalised over Christmas 2019 with it. Horrible thing not being able to get your breath. Trouble was the medics didn't realise what it was. Being a heavy smoker (then, not now) and having taken high strength vitamin D for yonks saved me. However, sense of taste has not returned and sense of smell only about 70% what it was.

Stay well and keep safe y'all..

David, I agree with you completely. One of my own close family members was very seriously ill with double Pneumonia around the same time that you were sick, and spent a very worrying week in hospital but is fine now. She was otherwise very fit and 35 years of age at the time and wasn't diagnosed with Covid-19, which I believe to be correct as no one else in the family close to her contracted any respiratory ailment.

Those that brush aside concerns about respiratory illness and especially Covid-19 need to see someone fighting for air and being helpless to assist. Of course there are inconsistencies with advice and rules and it's tempting to try to fall back to 'normal service' with the likes of our model shows and exhibitions but my take is that it's a mistake at this time. I do fear greatly the effects of Christmas family festivities and the conduit that they will offer the virus to tear through the population again. Just look at what's happened in some University halls recently. We're talking about getting back to much missed leisure activities by around spring next year (to say nothing of businesses and industry) and naturally things are being 'talked up' in certain quarters - as you say David, this is far from over and we need to keep a grip - losing Weston Park, Wings and Wheels, the Nats etc this year, will be a small price to pay in the long run.

Edited By Cuban8 on 26/09/2020 09:55:16

BOO ! HISS!!

now to go to bed...sad

How it can be postponed, when it was cancelled? for example, it was postponed until Oct, but not cancelled. For it to be still postponed, there would have to be two Weston Parks next year. secret

That's a good idea, have 2020' show the week before the 2021's show...cool

Edited By Paul Marsh on 27/09/2020 11:41:10