DX9 Start Up Warning

Bill Edwards 2

Hi All

I have recently returned to Spektrum and am setting up my DX9. According to the manual I can set an alert during power up for "any selected switch". In the warnings screen I can see how to set an alert for Throttle position, flight mode, gear and various channels. What I don't see is any way to set the alert for a switch position. Can anyone assist please?

What I am trying to achieve is for the TX to alert me if I power on with my throttle cut off (switch A).

Many thanks

Bill

Advert

Here it is - step-by-step

In the model main screen, press the scroll button and scroll to Custom Voice Setup

Click to select Add New Sound Event

Select Switch Change Report

Select the switch (by scrolling through them and then click to set)

Select Pos 0 and then scroll through the available messages to select "Launch Mode"

Select Pos 1 and then scroll through the available messages to select "Throttle Cut"

You can confirm your settings by activating the switch

Then simply back up to the main model memory screen.

You have to do this separately for each model memory in use.

The only way I have found to do this is to assign a spare unused channel to the throttle cut switch, say in your case, Aux 4 to switch A. The switch then has two functions, Throttle Cut & Aux 4.

Then in the Warnings Menu assign a warning to Chan:Aux 4 Under 0%

That does it for me, the system will then not start up unless the switch is in the Throttle Cut position & you get an audible warning, just like when you switch on with the throttle open.

It works even if you are using, say, a 4 channel Rx that does not have Aux 4.

Edited By John Lee on 21/10/2020 14:02:53

Sorry Bill - I misunderstood what you were asking.

When you set up the Custom Voice Setups as above, you do get the warning when you select a different model memory, but not when you just power on. I always check the switch before I connect the battery in the model anyway.

As you say, the Manual says you can do it, but blowed if I can see how. I expect John's method works OK but the manual would indicate it's supposed to be simpler and more straightforward than that.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Edited By Romeo Whisky on 21/10/2020 14:20:55

Edited By Romeo Whisky on 21/10/2020 14:25:51

Posted by John Lee on 21/10/2020 13:57:42:

The only way I have found to do this is to assign a spare unused channel to the throttle cut switch, say in your case, Aux 4 to switch A. The switch then has two functions, Throttle Cut & Aux 4.

That does it for me, the system will then not start up unless the switch is in the Throttle Cut position & you get an audible warning, just like when you switch on with the throttle open.

I'll give that a try.

Many thanks for all the input, it seems that it should, according to the manual, be simpler than it actually is laugh

John Lee - I've got that working, thank you. I am usually good at ensuring all my switches are off before powering on, but it's nice to have that as a back up. It isn't a pretty solution as the warning is about Servo 9, but at least it's there!

I've emailed Spektrum support to see if the manual is wrong, or we're missing something smiley

Thanks again

Bill

Posted by John Lee on 21/10/2020 13:57:42:

Well done John. The answer from Spektrum Tech support....

Dear Bill,

On the Warning screen, change Chan to an open Aux port, and then go to Channel Input Config screen and set your choice of switch to the same Aux port.

Sincerely,

Chris W.
Product Support Team