Carbon cub help

Lee Morton

Hi all, had a few flights in my carbon cub recently. Everything has been super smooth, really happy with it. Took it out today, when I put the battery in it beeps as normal. No light on front of plane which should be green and when I try use my spectrum dxs absolutely nothing. Any advice please.

Advert

Lee, the beeps come from the motor/ESC to say it's detected the number of cells on the lipo and is then armed. Couple of possible causes why it might not be working

1) Are the control surfaces working? if they are it maybe that you have got the ESC into programming mode so it's waiting for you to go through the programming (by moving the throttle stick and counting the beeps, see your instructions) before it will arm. Or you have got the trim set high and the ESC will not arm until it has seen a low throttle position, try switching on your Tx then moving the throttle trim right down until you get the end beep from the TX then try again. Also check that the wires from the ESC to the motor are connected OK, a bad connection here will stop the motor from running (but in this case the light would still come on)

2) If the servos don't work, then the Rx may have lost it's bind, so try rebinding it to your Transmitter (see your instructions on how to do this)

3) Check the plug from the ESC is properly connected to the receiver.

If it's none of them then if you have a spare receiver battery (4.8v 4 cell Nimh not a lipo) try plugging that into the throttle port on the receiver, if the control surfaces then work OK it's the then battery eliminator circuit in the ESC maybe faulty.

(posted while Shaun was posting, checking transmitter batteries is a good idea)

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 31/12/2020 15:49:13

Posted by Lee Morton on 31/12/2020 17:21:54:

Thank you both! I sorted the issue. When I put the battery in I was doing it upside down. So when I put it in with the wheels down it allowed me to bind the transmitter to the plane again. Strange tho that it would unbind!

Sounds like the SAFE system objected to being powered up in an unusual orientation.