I could be the only one

Erfolg

Advert

Go for it Chris!

For my part, yes I'm missing flying... although to be fair it is also winter!

I still have my Gangster to finish, then a 2m slope aerobatic to build, a thermal machine to re-cover and later a diesel-powered FF scale jobbie to ease myself into (proper FF, no radio-assist).

But first I've been spending the last few months building a full-size 8ft traditional planked dinghy - sailing being my other hobby and missing it just as much!

However the thing I'm really beginning to notice on daily dog-walks and when driving locally is how rude, angry and even aggressive so many otherwise 'normal' people have become.

I really miss going to the pub for Sunday lunch, for a sit-down coffee at the local independent cafe, I miss meeting my chum Mike for a winter slope-soaring session dressed multiple layers, having my mate Andy pop round for lunch and a good old natter about aero-modelling and RC stuff, etc.

But Spring (and the eventual end of lockdown) is certainly in the offing: the snowdrops are out, as are the crocuses, the daphne have released their vibrant scent, more birdies are singing, its staying lighter longer at the end of the afternoons.

So hold your nerve boys (and girls)! yes