can't access my digital magazine

flight1

To get spellchecker working in Firefox, you need to download and add a dictionary and enable it.

It's under Addons in Firefox. I use the recommended British English dictionary. Once setup, it works on all web sites.

image.png.75ef88661dd85a953d995919dd372914.png

The dictionary and instructions can be found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary-2/

Edited by Gary Manuel
  • Like 1

well  spellchecker works now   . cheers Gary  .  I had set the language in settings to English UK and I presumed Firefox default would have had a dictionary . Now i can blog with out looking so illiterate with added dyslexia ?  . 

Edited by flight1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, flight1 said:

can't access my digital magazine,  asks me to log in but doesn't not reconise my log in details is it still being set up or do I need to do something else?

Try this, flight1;

OK, it requires a bit of work to set you up but once done, it'll be easier from then on.

You are currently logged into the Forum but need to log in to the RCM&E magazine website - click on the RCM&E logo, top left of page.

Click on Login/Join - it should bring up a panel which contains your email address and starred-out password.

Change the email address to your forum user name, keeping the same password and you should be able enter the site.

Once in the magazine website, click on 'Subscribe' and the drop-down menu includes the digital archive - the March issue is in there?

Hmm - sounds fishy to me.....?

Have you successfully entered the magazine site? If so, you should get the home page which looks like this, with 'My Account' rather than 'Login/Join' in the top right corner?

1174336757_site9.thumb.JPG.62dfc790c0657f2e3155ac51bb1f47ed.JPG

Hover your cursor over the 'Subscribe' button and the dropdown menu lists, in the last but one option, 'Digital Archive'. If you just click on the 'Subscribe' button you do indeed get to the 'Total Carp' offer.

Hope this helps...

Pete

22 hours ago, Pete B - Moderator said:

Try this, flight1;

OK, it requires a bit of work to set you up but once done, it'll be easier from then on.

You are currently logged into the Forum but need to log in to the RCM&E magazine website - click on the RCM&E logo, top left of page.

Click on Login/Join - it should bring up a panel which contains your email address and starred-out password.

Change the email address to your forum user name, keeping the same password and you should be able enter the site.

Once in the magazine website, click on 'Subscribe' and the drop-down menu includes the digital archive - the March issue is in there?

Cheers did that and it works?

• Like 1