Phoenix 2000 setup and Mixes

Neil67

Thought I would try a glider.  Acquired Phoenix 2000.  Any advice on throws and mixes welcomed.  Using Spectrum DX6 transmitter with flaps and ailerons on y leads.  Advised mix required for rudder/aileron, elevator/flaps.

Neil

Advert

1 hour ago, Neil67 said:

Thought I would try a glider.  Acquired Phoenix 2000.  Any advice on throws and mixes welcomed.  Using Spectrum DX6 transmitter with flaps and ailerons on y leads.  Advised mix required for rudder/aileron, elevator/flaps.

Neil

The most important thing is that you need to ditch the y-lead on the ailerons - it prevents you from varying differential, using the ailerons in combination with flaps for TE control and crow braking. Once you’ve done that get the manual out and learn the glider programming for your set, in particular varying aileron diff (ideally by flight mode if your set can do them) and setting up crow braking. I have flown a few 2000s and they fly well with the stock settings, but definitely benefit from a true full house setup, though obviously not as much as a higher performance machine.

Time to get that TX manual out (sorry I fly Frsky so can’t help with actual setup help)!

• Like 2