Depron 6mm

Advert

B&Q - Laminate underfloor insulation

6mm sheets of Depron  1200 mm x 500 mm - Ten sheets for £11.88

A couple of models made from it:-

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp173/paul_adams10/DSCF3026.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp173/paul_adams10/DSCF3029.jpg

The fuselage is 6mm depron covered with red / purple parcel tape.

Regards  Paul

Hi Paul,

I built a small (36'' long) YB70 Valkyrie few weeks ago as a try-out but want to build a big version with detachable fuse to make it easier to move around and it will need a lot of Depron for the big delta wing, have to go out in the morning to a craft fair at Cosford Aerospace Museum so may drop in at B&Q on the way past,

regards,            Terry

Dunno.....but today I paid our btranch a visit and they have things called 'spaceboards' which are a pale pinkish colour 1200x500 and four to a pack for just under twenty quid, looks to be very simular to blue foam and would probably do the job.

Gave it a good poke and then looked at a piece of blue I have and not much difference if any,

regards,             Terry

Bad news folks 

Managed to get into B&Q today, went to the shelf where I got mine three weeks ago and shelf is now full of other underfloor insulation. Asked customer services and the woman there knew what I was looking for and found it on their computer. Apparently it has been discontinued. She phoned up the supplier and they do not sell it any more.

Don't know how I am going to explain to the wife that I need to take up the laminate floor in the dinning room and swap the foam underlay for another type. 

Regards Paul

Don't know how I am going to explain to the wife that I need to take up the laminate floor in the dinning room and swap the foam underlay for another type. 

Regards Paul

Hmmm................tricky that one, how about you used the wrong type without a vapour barrier to stop Radon rotting your socks? nasty stuff Radon so get her to look it up on Google and she will take the floor up herself,

regards,           Terry

Hi guys

B&Q in Peterborough have stacks & stacks of the stuff £11 for 10 sheets I bought some before even reading this tread and it is good stuff. Slightly softer than my white depron I have but should be good for building and at that price it's a bargin. I shall be stocking up with another few packs when I'm next passing.

Steve

Hi Steve,

if you have the product name and item number it would be a great help, I am going over to B&Q tyomorrow to buy a pack of pink foam up so could enquire, if they can order it from another store I will have two ro three packs,

regards,         Terry