Waltron Radio gear

Derek Kellard

Bad luck Percy. I used them linear and rotary without a problem with the tapered spline, not the best idea though.

Only one failure in a fair bit of use when an elevator servo just stopped when flying inverted. Had to fly around like that until the fuel had burned off and I could reduce power without the nose dropping.The inverted landing wiped the fin off though.

• 6 years later...
On 22/01/2017 at 20:26, Colin Carpenter said:

I remember my FLC Duette costing roughly £90 when ordered at Kempton Park show in 1972 ish ! That included a reversing servo plug ! That was more than a month's salary ! Won a shedfull of trophies multi racing with it in the 70`s and 80`s though 😀😀 Colin

Yeah I know, digging up an old thread...  but...   😁

I've recently acquired & refurbed an FLC Duette, had a pal powder-coat the case, homebrew RF, its better than new!

..and heres a Waltron 4 conversion (skip to 2:46)

Edited by Phil Green
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So that’s my old FLC Duette Phil ? Marvellous job ! Looks as good as the day I purchased it in 71/72 😂! It was superb quality with the wire wound pots and Swiss servo motors! Changed it eventually for a Sprengbrook Brand set where the servos were much quicker and made multi racing more precise overtaking on the inside of bouys ! Happy days indeed.  Well done ! Colin

Hi Colin, I had a HD failure and lost a lot of notes and contacts, and to be honest I couldnt remember where the FLC Duette had come from 😉  so a belated thank you, as you can see its back in service and behaving impeccably!

Its a shame Idris didnt get to see it, just before he passed away I'd been email chatting to him about Flight Link systems, he'd always been secretive about its internal workings but more recently was happy to open up :)

Cheers & thanks again

Phil

PS  >>overtaking on the inside of bouys !

when I did boats, going inside a buoy was a go-around penalty!

Edited by Phil Green

😂😂I meant between the boat I wanted to overtake and the bouy Phil ! I remember taking the set to Hounslow when the Rx failed. Idris fixed it and when I returned to collect it , it failed again ! He threw it down the workshop with lots of swearing! Got a new rx. Now I’ve got a 14 yr old DX9 that’s done more work than the sun total of 54 yrs of tx’s. Faultless!! All the best and I hope it serves you well. Colin