Nuts & bolts

Ernie

Advert

Ernie, maybe its coz i am tight but rather than buy new bolts, if its only for looks rather than actually fixing anything i use the internals from old watches/dvd players/stereos etc. I tend to butcher any old electrical equipment (the smaller the better). The amount of small screws and fittings is suprising and other brass spacers and cogs,gears are always useful. (also small leccy motors if thats your thing)  My SE5a has a tiny 6mm crosshaired brass gun sight  made from a watch cog. i just mounted it in my dremel and ran it against emery to take the outer teeth off and it is a perfect miniature. Just start stockpiling ( its not like the parts take up much room !!

Hi Richard,I agree completely with that...I have found a great source in old 35mm single lense reflex cameras..there are piles of them about, now that we are all digitised, and they are crammed full of goodies.

My current problem is that I need around 30 all the same, for around the front of a dummy radial cankcase

thanks ernie

Hi Ernie, What do you find so confusing about BA threads, as a model eng. I have been using the BA threads for many years now ? If you would like to have a chart showing drill sizes send me PM with your postal address in france and I'll put one in the post for you, is this any help ? It will be a lot cheaper than buying a ZEUS.

Hi Allan. the metric system that I now use seems so simple ie. M3 is 3mm...I can't for the life of me figure out why as BA sizes get bigger, the numbers get smaller..Thanks for the offer of drill sizes, I think i've got one somewhere in the mountain of paper that I call a filing system...

ernie