2.4ghz rx arials

Gavin D

Jez...latterly we were really talking about the Tx aerials - however the thread indeed started about Rx - so..... that depends on the composition of the fuselage. In carbon fibre or mettalic covered materials then certainly the wire should exit the fuselage. Some of the Rx have very short wire aerials and this is difficult to achieve. In these cases I suggest you use a version that has the longer wires such as the AR500 if full range is required. I dont know much about the fuby Rx other than from what I see, most of them have longish wires.
In foam, wood, or even glassfibre, I leave them inside the fuselage and all seems fine.

Advert

• 1 year later...
I know it is a long time since this treat was active, but can I just ask something with regards to the positioning of the receiver itself. 
I have just got my first 2.4 receiver, and the only place I can locate it in my heli is sitting on top of the ESC.
Is this going to cause any problems as long as I have the aerial tips not touching any metal?

Thank you!