2.4ghz rx arials

Gavin D

Hello everyone this is my fist attempt at any thing like this so please excuse any annoyances I am in no way a computor person managed for 60 years without one. 

My question is how critical is the positioning of the arials on the 2.4ghz rx instalation [ Futaba] I look forward to any guidanceand comments

Advert

Hi Gav and welcome to “The Friendly Forum”  - the very vast majority of flyers do return to the fold eventually! Things have moved on considerably of course, especially so with electric flight, and there are lots of threads in the forum on the subject.

Its best to position the aerials so that they  are at 90 degrees to each other as it were...so run one along the length of the fuselage side, and the other across its width.  Also, try to avoid positioning them right behind large metal lumps like engines or motors.

Gav.....If you have not already done so, could I ask you to have a read of these few guidelines we have listed to help you with using the forum. …. read the “pinned stickies” which are shown with a red “pin”.

I know you have past experience but here’s a few other links which may be helpful.

Perhaps this in particular may help

And this.

For a list of clubs in your area try this…. http://www.bmfa.org/clubs/index.html

Once again, welcome on board and have fun!  Timbo.

• 2 months later...
My (slightly unusual) experience of the 2.4 GHz Tx aerial is as follows:

I am right-handed and fly Mode 2 (Throttle left). I find hand-launching left-handed quite hard, so I launch right-handed.  So that's what I did with my electric glider.  But I sent it off a bit too-downhill.  So I quickly grobbed the right-stick and yanked it backwards.  Nothing happened!

Yes folks, I was pulling back on the aerial!