Ethos

David Holland 2

Morning, all. Being a boy and feeling the need for something new and shiny I have just updated my Horus X10 to an X20. Now, I managed to navigate FrOs with little difficulty but Ethos has me stumped in several areas, namely “mixes”and “rates”. Does anyone on the forum have some familiarity with Ethos and could help me out with a few specific questions? I have printed out the Ethos manual, all 204 pages of it, but it is of little help. Thanks in advance.

David

Advert

David,

Can you expand on "mixes" and "rates"?

Rates are relatively easy.

I use OpenTx so I may not be quite right but it should be very similar.

In the inputs section, for each control you can add a second / third / forth..... line.

So add a line to aileron for example.

For a 50% rate, edit the new line and change the output from 100% to 50% and assign a switch position for it.

If you are using a 3 position switch your 3rd rate could be 75%.

Make sure you do assign 100% rate to the same switch in a default position.

You can combine rates for surfaces to be on one switch by assigning the same reduction to the same switch, or a different switch for separate surfaces.

Edited by Andy Gates
clarity

I would also recommend downloading companion to play with setting stuff up so you can try and practice without interfering with your radio.

1151353571_Opentxrates.thumb.jpg.06e84e50377dc34cd454efccd0e1928f.jpg

Here is a small screen shot of OpenTx I have set up for my new winter build of a Lancaster.

I have Ailerons with rates set on a 3 position switch at Switch D position.

I have set up 100% rates, 75% rates and 50% rates all with 30% Expo but that could be changed on each rate too.

Elevators are set up the same way but on Switch A so I can set aileron and elevator rates separately.

If I wanted them on the same switch,I could assign the elevators to also be on Switch D.

Hope this helps

This is an Ethos screnshot of the rates and expo page, Ethos corrects what is in my opinion an Open TX error in that the first rate is always unswitched and you can't have a switch asigned to it meaning you cannnot have a control channel with no input assigned. You can do the same in Open TX, three rates but only two of them should be switched that way there is no need for a safety line.

In my opinion using companion is more likely to confuse than help because it isn't going to be where you think it is from companion when using Ethos.

Lots of mixes built in to Ethios but freemix allows you to do whatever you want to whatever you want.

724826132_2022-10-0319_49_55.thumb.jpg.cdafaabaa95e1da9efbdeed63adca824.jpg