Surface fillers

Hi,I've just , for the first time used an Epoxy wing joining kit. Is says after curing , sand and apply filler. I have been using Polyfilla , as recommended by others on this forum. Can you then apply the heat shrink foil covering directly over the filler ? I await some feed back from my fellow modellers, I hope. I should point out that I am relatively new to lots of aspect of construction, I am a mature returnee from ancient building techniques.Thanks in advance.

Bas

Does the cover grip dry tacky?.Thats not good if there is more finishing to do ie with the dust sticking to the covergrip.Filla does not adhere readily to epoxy  and flakes off.. Could I use say sanding sealer in the interim , to bind the filla whilst finishing the rest of the wing prior to covering, Can you use sanding sealer under heat shrink film? What about Acrylic sealer, does film stick to it, what about the effect of the heating proccess. I will stop there,

Bas

As long as you get the film stuck to the other film, where you overlap in the centre or at leaving edge for instance, it won't matter too much if the film is not that well attached to the bandage.

That said. No quicker way than the making tape dodge. 

The masking tape method also works - IIRC that's Chris Foss's recommendation for his WOT kits, where the panels are joined with a bandage and epoxy or polyester resin, then faired in with a filler.

The Covergrip is applied just as a smear and doesn't need any additional finishing. It's just priming the surface, same as sanding sealer would, but with the advantage that it's a heat activated adhesive - useful in all cases where there's a disparity in materials under the covering film.