How many models do you have

Stephen Grigg

10 planes and 4 foodmixers(heli's)--unfortunately lost one of the squadron 3 weeks ago due to low sun and dis-orintation---took out the radio gear and engine(os 91 four stroke) set fire to the wreckage--waiting till after the hol's to replace her with another--while on i think now'er days with the artf models it's hardly worth sourcing the materials to build offa plan etc--not to long ago in the past i was into 35mm photography--still am but with digi stuff-take pic-manipulate on pc -print out-yabba dabba doo-go back to film (no-way)now considering i started out with model air craft in the 1960's--it's like comparing the wright bro's to star war's--point being the new modellers to our wonderfull hobby aren't willing to spend hours/weeks/months whittling away with wood etc--they want buy today-fly tommorow---right or wrong who knows???

thanks for looking in ken anderson.

Advert

Less of the Fogies and Duffers! We are just people who have more sense than the whippersnappers.

Timbo keeps a set of steel re-inforced concrete boots for the "rock" , others just use lead soled diving boots.

My Hanger content will be staying the same for a while, I got told to get on with building what I have

Now there speaks a man who either has little natural floatation or has nearly enough mass to keep him down in the strongest wind on a slope edge depending on his use for the scuba belt ??? I'm guessing it aint used in the water  by the way eric have you got the slope sledge loaded ready for tonight yet

reindeer and corn don't give in mate makes them hyper just like the the rug rats with E numbers thankfully mine have grown up now too. Well they got bigger any way  not sure if that quite qualifies as grown up  still at least they all left home and stopped emptying my bank account  actually  they started sending fat parcels for xmas can't wait till 2morrow  all the best mate

After starting to read this thread, I had a quick count up of as many models I've had as I can remember and got to over fifty R/C models and I didn't attempt to count the C/L and F/F ones I've had.

At present the count is seventeen which are mostly flyable, both powered and gliders, but includes three or four which need some TLC and so are "mothballed". Not all have a full complement of radio gear - I don't have enough receivers.  There are also still some C/L models which could fly anytime but haven't been out for a few years now so would need to be checked over first.

that's a proud boast Peter and makes you possibly one of the modelling gods  seriously though not a bad job at all mate wish I could claim that   still in time maybe

on another point I see you spent time in aden at or about the same time I was out there difference is I was 3yrs old lol so I've still got time to catch up on your own design score

People like Peter make me feel very insignificant. I haven't done much designing per se although have enlarged some c/l model plans and converted them to R/C with satisfying results.

Sadly , even though I've been a pensioner for some years now,other things get in the way and I can't spend anything like as much time as I would like building and flying.

I have an unfair advantage. I don't have any other distractions like painting the house or doing gardening. I just let them go. The grass gets cut occasionaly and that is about it.

Also, I build fast and to be honest I have to work as hard as I do to supplement my pension so it is not just a hobby but a profession.