KK Falcon Electric Power Conversion. Motor Thrust Line(s)

Hi

sure does.  But it was a FreeFlight design originally from a time they were happy just to get the model in the air regardless of pattern.  Given its overall layout and the usual flying style for cabin models I doubt its a big issue per se.  I would start where I said but zero zero is a starting point too.

Would be interested to see how it turns out 😀

mike

• Thanks 1

Hi Mike

I started building F/F models in the 1950's so I do agree with you that we then powered up, put a bit of left or right trim on the rudder tab and launched! With a bit of luck the model would assume a gentle circling flight pattern and stay within sight for recovery down wind.

If I could have afforded a Falcon in those days I guess that it would have had a 10cc petrol or diesel up front. I think that I'll start off with zero/zero and as it's a gentle model see what happens from that point. I did electrify a Junior 60 a couple of years ago and eventually found that a trifle of down thrust certainly helped.

Trial and small error I hope.

The Falcon has been a very long build for me but I'm really hoping to finish it within the next couple of months and to fly it during the coming summer. I'll keep you posted with progress.

Cheers for now

SW (Chris)

Hi

no problem.  I’ve converted a number of my FF cabin type models to RC and they all are slightly different.  I trim them to have a regular FF left-left trim even for RC.  That way its more like guided FF.  Just overhauling my Mills 1.3 Veron Deacon.  The old stuff is good fun.

no doubt you’ll recognise this blast from the past although slightly updated.  A Mercury Tiger Moth with RC Irvine Mills 0.75.

post some pics.

mike

image.jpg

Edited by MikeQ