buddy box issues

ERIC DODSWORTH

forgive if this has been covered before and the issue is an easy fix but i have gotten to the end of my skill with a teranis x9d

i am attempting to teach my grandson to fly and having 2 radio's running er9x software thought i could buddy lead them together not quite going to plan

both radios will accept an input from a spektrum dx6 (borrowed)but neither will talk to each other the the turnigy 9xr powers on when a buddy lead is connected the teranis doesn't

all the youtube videos seem to show an instant connection on the trainer set up page and a change in the values on the cal line this happens when i plug in the spektrum but not when i connect the turnigy 

any help would be appreciated dont want to buy a new radio until i know if he is serious about taking up the hobby

If one is set to master/jack and the other to slave/jack and in special functions you have a switch allocated to enable trainer on the master TX then it should all just work.

You can try looking through the attached though but obviously this is open tx not er9x so you might need to do some interpretation.

No doubt Mike B will at some point see your post and offer firmer guidance.

Trainer.pdf

Edited by Philip Lewis 3
Spelling

I found this for er9x, it seems old but it's the latest I could find and I doubt that the trainer programming section has ever altered much from the start. It looks like you also need todesignate what will switch (which chanels) on the trainer screen as shown in the pcture at the top of page 23.

ER9x_Trainer.pdf

Edited by Philip Lewis 3
Spelling

the trouble is that the calibration section never moves from all zero's no signal is being detected as neither radio recognises the other i cant allocate to something as the radio doesnt find anything to give control to the figures on the cal line never change both radios are running er software as i updates the teranis and got loads of warnings about internal batteries and needing to update my multi module didnt back up my old software and cant get older versions of open tx backed into er9x 

the pages are all very similar all the trainer pages are the same still have special functions pages just dont seem to be able to use either radio as a slave only as a master the screen shows slave but gives no output for the master to transmit will try to get some pictures later to make it clearer could the different voltages be an issue wouldnt have thought so but teranis is 7.2v spektrun is 6v turnigy 9xr is 11v