Trying to identify Miss America P51D manufacturer

Kim Taylor

Hi all

Sorry for the convoluted title, but I think it's self explanatory.

I've been gifted a broken P51D 'Miss America' and I would like to i/d the manufacturer and hopefully find an instruction book.

So - it has a built up wing of 1250mm span and has mechanical retracts fitted. The fuselage is a GRP moulding, with the built up tailplane and fin / rudder glued in place.

There is no battery hatch - the wing has to be removed to fit / change the battery. It's actually very nicely made (but not very well built, if you see what I mean) and it's worth saving, even though the wing is currently in two (unequal) halves.

Any clues anyone?? Can get pictures uploaded if you think it might help, but there's no real distinguishing features that I can see.

Thanks in advance

Kim

Give that man a (virtual) cigar!!

I knew someone would be able to give me a steer on this, thanks very much.

Since my first post, I've repaired the wing (snapped at the 'step' where the aileron starts) and splinted it to ensure that the repaired spars are strong enough.

I'll make good the covering tomorrow - won't be as pretty as the original, but the blue colour matches, at least. Then need to source a 55 - 60 amp esc (the one that came with it was 30A, so too small (on a 3s LiPo, which is my 'standard' small size)  install an rx and give it a good ground test before committing aviation.

I'll post up a picture when it's done.

Kim