Are memory cards a pre- requisite to changing models settings

toto

Hi,

Just lately I watched my instructor try to make changes to the throttle curve on a FMS Beaver that he was setting up for me. It looked quite simple ..... well the task anyway ... allowing for a bit of knowledge as to how the theoretical settings should be to attain the best performance for the desired characteristics of the beaver. 

However, .... once he exited the settings and then returned to check if they had saved ..... they defaulted back to the original linear pattern. This happened whether or not you turned the transmitter off and then checking to wee if that was a pre- requisite to saving the newly applied settings or not.

He could not get the settings to save. I might add, in his favour, he does not normally operate Soektrun transmitters so there is a degree of unfamiliarality with them.

Anyway ..... my homework was to play around wusing the throttle curve and see if I could work out how to resolve this. 

To cut to the chase, I did manage this. ..... I had been downloading the most up to date software revisions for which I had to utilise a micro USB  memory card. ..... at this point ( with the settings quandary in mind ) I had a brain fart. ....... what if you needed the memory card to save the change to prior to uploading to the transmitter again to save the setting.

I tried the theory, just changing the throttle curve settings randomly with no real meaning or theory to the settings, came out of the system settings ..... then went back in to check the changes I had made  ..... bingo .... they had saved.

Next step was to shut down the transmitter..... switch back on .... with the memory card still in ....... still saved. All is looking good ..... then the ultimate test ..... switch off the transmitter, remove the memory card ....... power back up and check the setting again. .... delighted as the settings had remained as saved.

So, in summary ..... am I right in saying that any settings you apply to a specific models characteristics need to be set with a memory card inserted ..... or ...... have I just stumbled across some one off scenario. 

I appreciate that I can test this further myself ..... which I will, but if there is a known principle here, I'd like to know it as a matter of fact prior to undertaking further investigations.

Any comments would be appreciated .... and .... hopefully help to guide others.

Cheers for now

Toto

Advert

Thanks PDB

I was having difficulty saving yo the transmitters memory without first saving to the SD card .... then saving from the SD card to the internal memory. It felt a bit weird.

Thanks for your response.

Toto

6 hours ago, PDB said:

You can save models to either the "internal" memory (the transmitter) or the "external" memory (the SD card).

Page 26 of your manual, which memory location is configured?

Yes a very handy way to save models, I also use this function on my Futaba FX-30 having over 40+ models with an inside memory of only 30, you can experiment with your model but save the original memory.

• Like 1