What is going on???

What is going on ,90% of Seagull Models are out of stock .Same with FMS and Horizion Hobbies .Most of Eflite models are unavailable. Ripmax's Chris Foss Artf are no longer available anymore .It is looking like the only way to buy a model aircraft kit is to build one from a plan now .There just does not seem to be any kit in stock anymore Has Ripmax gone to the wall. ???You can not even contact Ripmax anymore !!!!

i cant say for sure, but i suspect we are at the end of a resupply window in some cases. Its not cost effective to bring in a handful of kits, so you order up 6 months or a years supply. If all the Spitfires sell out in a week but you still have loads of some other models you are stuck until you get shot of them all. You need to sell them all to free up the storage space, free up the required capital, and most likely you also have to fit in with the production schedule of the factory. 

However, i have heard this complaint before and see it myself. Not much available at the moment and what is available is very expensive. Demand for engines is pretty low here at Laser for this reason. If there are no models available then i wont sell many engines!

There are still builders kits out there, DB have a good selection, pegasus models have a selection, sarik and belair offer laser cut short kits so there are options. A club mate was looking for a project to suit his 155 and i recommended the classic galaxy Mystic. He seems to be enjoying himself, and has made some cosmetic mods to suit himself. Its not a bad price either for the kit considering the cost of an ARTF model of similar scope. 

• Like 2

Economic theory, supply and demand and uniting the two by a exchange mechanism. 

We used to be happy to acquire stuff that someone else made. Now we can’t afford the transaction. Live with it. Consider alternatives. 

No one is dead.

Edited by Don Fry
As ever can’t spell
  • Like 2