All our Yesterday (Tall Tales?)

Zflyer

Not sure this fits the bill here. However when I was eleven I was walking up the single track road from the farm next door when a mini [ old type ] pulled up. It was a school teacher I knew.

We younger first year kid had been warned of his errant ways from older pupils.

He was a big [ as in round ] chap and got out of the car started speaking to me then got hold of my upper left arm in a tight grip. Then he heard snap of the pop fastener on the sheath of my knife being released and looked down to see my right hand on the handle of my knife. He immediately let go and bundled back into the car and shot off.

Recon my knife saved me from somethin unpleasant that day, and no I did not report the incident to anyone. Back then kids were rarely believed any way.

Advert

5 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

Back in 1954 I was a member of the Regents Park model flying club for a time. We use to fly on Hampstead Heath.

One Winter afternoon one of the lads got his Mercury Mentor rubber powered model stuck right at the top of a tree. We were all standing round wondering just how to get it down as the tree was tall but not very climbable.

A well dressed Indian gentleman walked up, stared up at the model and then, without a word, he took his shoes of and went straight up the the tree, retrieved the model, came down, handed the model to the owner, put his shoes on to a chorus of thanks and he then walked off without  a word.

I wonder how he was with the Indian rope trick?

• Like 1