AR8010T

Frank Skilbeck

Helping a friend out, he has a JR DSX9 with the Spektrum DSM2 air module, we seem to be able to bind the receiver to the module but then there is no.response to.stick movement. Bound it to a new 6 channel DSMx rx and no problems, so tx and module are fine. Is there an issue binding telemetry receivers to DSM2? 

Any suggestions.

Advert

The AR8010T (and the other receivers that Spektrum released around the same time) is not one of their better offerings. The receivers that came before and after (the AR8000 and AR8020T) are both better.

On 20/06/2023 at 13:01, Frank Skilbeck said:

it seems like the AR8010T doesn't like the JR DSX9/Spektrum Air Module, it seems to bind but then not respond to the Tx

You got further than I did, I just tried and my AR8010T won't bind to my old DSX9 although both remotes attached to it seem to.

As far as I'm aware and in my experiece, any Spektrum receiver that uses satellites will not initially bind or link at switch on, unless at least one satellite is connected. Same thing if that single satellite has a damaged or bad connection (Spektrum do seem to crimp their cables very tightly indeed, crushing the insulation and leading to the conductor parting over time - check with a jewellers magnifier). For once the copy leads are actually better than the originals and I've used them for years since being driven nuts by an RX that would only link at switch on when it felt like it - broken satellite wire at the crimp, only making intermittent contact.