Some Good News For Owners Of Old Super Tigre, Enya and Laser Engines.

On 14th February 2021 a Lipo explosion set fire to my Big Guff and WOT 4 XL model aircraft. Both aircraft were hanging from a wall tied to it with pieces of string. The XL was fitted with an old but perfectly sound Laser 150v engine, It fell backwards onto the concrete floor snapping off the main needles of the two Super Tigre carburettors.

I have found it difficult to find replacements because the carburettors have not been made since 1987 IIRC. A good search through eBay found a supplier in America. I ordered two needles and they arrived this morning. I was initially dismayed to find that they were in Enya packages, part no: 071520A. However, they fitted the Super Tigre carbs of my Laser perfectly. I haven't run the engine yet but they certainly fit the carburettors.

Unfortunately I have lost the contact details of the supplier but a search on eBay should find them.

Big Guff and WOT 4 XL.JPG

12 hours ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Perhaps. I really can't remember and there was no documentation with the packet.

Anyway, I now have two new new needles which fit the carburettors so I'm happy.