L-39 Albatros, decisions, decisions.

ron evans

Hi all, with no interest in my Albatros for sale I have to decide what to do with the airframe, It's been hanging around my neck for too long.😀

My first thoughts were to remove the servos and scrap it, but I am also curious if it would go off the slope.

I've seen all shapes and sizes of PSS flying at the Bwlch, and I'm looking for some advise.

Would it be better to block up the intakes, or leave them open for the air to flow through.

At around 4ibs AOW the wing loading would be quite high, so perhaps my first thoughts might be wiser.

Thanks in antisipation

Ron

• Like 1

Advert

Thanks for your reply John, I'm still undecided on the models fate. Sadly I can no longer climb some of the better slopes here in Wales, so it will have to go off a local slope with a road to the top, and as you say in a decent wind.

If I have any success I'll let you know.

Ron

• Like 2

Oh - just found it!  That looks superb.  Get rid of the retracts and fan, re-balance it, and chuck it off.  I'd probably blank those intakes off, but if you use a shaped piece of foam inserted from the rear (oo-err) you can at least try it with and without.  Don't forget there is a PSSA meeting in Treorchy this weekend - the conditions look excellent!

• Like 2

Hi Andy, span of the L-39 is 47" all the details in the for sale section.

I really wanted to move this model on as mobility problems limit me to the slopes I can easily reach.

However, as there was no interest this model will eventually have to earn it's keep.

I will block the intakes, and remove the underwing tanks, they look vulnerable. Just a case then of waiting for a good NW wind and drive up to Abertysswg.

Made it to the Bwlch a few years back, I remember the F104 well. Sadly not able to do it this year.

Ron

• Like 2