Popham Show 2023

Futura57

This year the Popham show (I've already bought my ticket for the Saturday) clashes with the Southern Model Air show at Headcorn Aerodrome (I'm going on the Sunday) and the Much Marcle Show at Ledbury (too far for me to consider). All are happening over the weekend 2nd and 3rd September. I'm hearing that traders maybe thin on the ground at Popham as a result. The Popham website states "A list of traders who will be attending the show in 2023 will appear here soon". For balance, the Much Marcle website simply lists last year's traders, whilst the Headcorn show website just says "Everything you could possibly need for Models (Aeroplanes, Cars, Boats, Tanks) and Arts and Crafts will be on sale." It would be a shame if Popham is under par this year since it has not been long established. Last year was most enjoyable. From what I can see, shows are not promoted on this forum. Anyone have any inside knowledge of Popham?

I like the sound of the Popham show (I went there once 20+ years ago for a full-size 'fly-in') and wish it well.  However, the Much Marcle show is well-established in the calendar and it's annoying when dates coincide and split the attendance of visitors and trade alike. 

I was very tee'd off a couple of years ago when the organisers of Weston Park 'dumped' an additional show on MM's dates, impacting the visitors/trade accordingly.  I made a point of going to MM and buying from the traders who stayed loyal.

I talked to one of the big traders at Wings and Wheels earlier in the summer about their September shows.  They said that Popham had changed dates to the 2/3rd September which clashed with two other big shows.  They were already committed to the Southern show and couldn’t attend Popham.  The other big trade stands list the shows they’re attending and none seem to list Popham.  I really enjoyed the first two shows at Popham but I do like to take advantage of the trade tents too.  
The website has long promised a list of attendees but as Futura says, the list has never appeared.  
I’ve never organised a show and have no idea about the amount of work required.  I’ve no doubt that there are good reasons why the date has to be the same weekend as two other big shows.  But sadly for Popham, I’ll go where the trade tents are.