Duraplane Durabat/Aerobat Wanted

GaryW

Hi...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here ... I'm looking for an original Duraplane Durabat/Aerobat,, (without servo & engine so just the airframe 

I know this is probably a long shot but if anyone has one and is willing to part with it please let me know must be in good flyable condition

dura1130.jpg

592840748_DuraplaneAerobat40.jpg.eb102a08442cf5c8a06fe1217ba11616.jpg

00K0K_1PHzF2kNPeZ_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

Edited by GaryWebb

Advert

52 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

That's ...... interesting.

Not even seen one I'm afraid.

They were distributed by Perkins back in the 80's early 90's my last one was the 3 channel version which i had 11 years ago rebuilt from bits I had in the loft

228890_10151233638027915_1371356457_n.jpg

246538_10151233637077915_688907877_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Yours looks a lot more conventional than the yellow one in the first picture - possibly a different model.  A quick search shows they made a few different, interesting, models.

Good luck in finding one.

If you mean it looks more conventional as the fuselage tapered right down to the tailplane ,, thats just a balsa box section piece a few of us added to hide the aluminium channel & control snakes that wasnt included in the original kit

dura 2.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robin Colbourne said:

Gary, I can understand you wanting an original Durabat, but are you aware of the 'Spadtothe Bone' Website which has a whole range of designs using the similar construction techniques?

Simple Plastic Airplane Designs - Spad to the Bone

I know of spad website Robin but only the original will do for me mate

2 hours ago, GaryWebb said:

I know of spad website Robin but only the original will do for me mate

Fair enough Gary.  As it is now quite an old model, your best bet is likley to be in bought up job lots from ex-modellers who are selling up or estate sales.  In this case it would be worht letting the various commercial buyers of model aircraft job lots know that you are looking for a Durabat so they can keep an eye open for one.
I would also suggest setting up searches on Facebook Marketplace, Ebay and Gumtree to notify you if one gets listed.