Tiger 60

The Tiger 60 fully assembled tonight and tomorrow morning I will fire up the brand new ASP 91 for the first time and hear it come to life.  To me there is nothing more exciting than starting a new glow engine for the first time. I will run a few tanks of fuel through it and weather permitting some day next week I will have the maiden flight.  

20240109_111715.jpg

20240109_111737.jpg

• Like 3

Advert

I'm using a 14x6  APC propeller along with an aluminium back plate spinner.  I've ditched the stock wheels as they are much too small.  Instead, I have installed three Dubro low bounce wheels 3.25 inch in size.  Some people prefer to use a smaller wheel on the nose , but I like them all the same size.   The only thing I had to do was ream out the axle holes .  In every plane I have the axles are 4mm and fit the Dubro wheels perfectly.  But on the Tiger 60 the axles are 5mm so it was no problem to enlarge the holes on the wheels allowing them to fit nicely.  

I'm using a 14x6  APC propeller along with an aluminium back plate spinner.  I've ditched the stock wheels as they are much too small.  Instead, I have installed three Dubro low bounce wheels 3.25 inch in size.  Some people prefer to use a smaller wheel on the nose , but I like them all the same size.   The only thing I had to do was ream out the axle holes .  In every plane I have the axles are 4mm and fit the Dubro wheels perfectly.  But on the Tiger 60 the axles are 5mm so it was no problem to enlarge the holes on the wheels allowing them to fit nicely.  

20240112_093526.jpg

You're just teasing now ........ get the maiden video up ....... I have a vested interest in this one.:classic_laugh:

Looks very good Aidan ..... I love the graphics very sporty looking.

Good luck with the maiden.

Toto

• Thanks 1

I ran four tanks of Optifuel 12 through the ASP and by the end it was starting to smooth out somewhat.  It will take another half gallon before I'm fully satisfied but overall I'm very pleased.  Not bad for a new engine that only cost me £110  almost four years ago. 

20240112_143022.jpg

3 minutes ago, toto said:

You're just teasing now ........ get the maiden video up ....... I have a vested interest in this one.:classic_laugh:

Toto

Thanks Toto.  She definitely is a sporty looking article.   I'm for the club flying field tomorrow but not with the Tiger 60.  All being well some day next week I will get the maiden done and give you a full flight report on its weaknesses and strengths.  Though I doubt there will be few weaknesses if any if its anything remotely like its younger brother and it flys great.  So hopefully in the not too distant future you will be getting yours onto the runway also for its big day out.   Kind regards Aidan 

20240112_143708.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, toto said:

Today looks like good flying / filming weather Aidan :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Not today Today, but at the next break of good weather im looking forward to getting the Tiger up and seeing how it performs.

On 12/01/2024 at 15:39, toto said:

Toto

Thanks Toto.  She definitely is a sporty looking article.   I'm for the club flying field tomorrow but not with the Tiger 60.  All being well some day next week I will get the maiden done and give you a full flight report on its weaknesses and strengths.  Though I doubt there will be few weaknesses if any if its anything remotely like its younger brother and it flys great.  So hopefully in the not too distant future you will be getting yours onto the runway also for its big day out.   Kind regards Aidan 

24 minutes ago, toto said:

Sounds pretty raspy to me .... great sound. It will be even better once put under load in the air.

Great stuff. :classic_biggrin:

Toto

Not bad for an engine that has lay in its box for 18 years Toto. Will take a few more tanks of fuel through it to get it running perfectly.