RealFlight 9.5s

Martin  McIntosh

I have a problem with RF9.5s.

I purchased a 9.5 with DX controller from a clubmate who decided that it was not for him but unfortunately had registered it. Got round that by swapping the s/n for a Steam key and now have it on my PC (W11).

My issue is that no matter what I try, the rates and expo remain on one switch and cannot get them onto separate switches on ch5, 10 and 11. Have been round all the other forum posts to see if I am missing something but it stays on one switch which is of little use to me. Any ideas please?

If I connect the DX then buddy it up to a JR DSX9 I can then get everything to work as I want but it defeats the object of buying the complete package.

By the way, I also put it on another PC on W8.1 but a message came up on Steam to say that it would no longer work as of 1/1/24.

Any help to get round this would be much appreciated since due to severe health problems it is the only sort of `flying` I shall be capable of in the forseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I used mine a few weeks back and it worked OK.  I have a wireless connection and use it with my Horus transmitter with a multiprotocol module set to Spectrum.  One thing that does happen (usually after a Windows update) the Launcher doesn't work but I have a shortcut pointing to the actual .exe file (realflight.exe) and that always works.

I used to have trouble loading it from the CDs because it was stopped by the anti-virus s/w but I've stopped using that and rely on the Windows anti-virus.  You could try the Realflight forum here which has loads of extra models programmed by users

Martin, I don't have Realflight but are channels 10 and 11 even recognised by realflight when you set up the transmitter?

I'm not really getting the reference to channels 5 10 and 11 as surely EXPO  and rates only affect channels 1 to 4 or whatever channels control the control surfaces. 

Most of these Sims only recognise cannels 1-8 and that might well be why it isn't working? 

Alternatively it could be that your TX only outputs the first four channels i.e. the control channels via the traner port and nothing else, again you might be able to see this in the TX Calibration screens.

It could also be a simple calibration issue, when you calibrate it wants to see the max rates, you have to calibrate on the maximum rate setting, if you calibrate on low rates it will look at that as the maximum anbd won;t go above that leaving you with just one rate i.e. 100%.

Phil

Edited by Philip Lewis 3
  • Like 1

Thanks Phil but the channels on the Interlink DX are totally different to a normal Tx and the ones quoted for rates are correct. When I edit it they are set correctly and `saved as` for that model, but despite that they end up on the default elevator rate switch controlling all three at once.

When I buddy up a JR Tx I can do what I wish but it would mean a different memory for every model.