CAA Consultation.

3 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

A VTOL airfield would be so much smaller than a full size or even club airfield, meaning they could materialise almost anywhere, subject to conditions etc..

This could result in reduced or more regulated flying fields for us, compulsory rid and/or other conditions imposed by caa...

The CAA cannot get a VTOL airfield to materialise anywhere.  The airfield will need planning permission and there will be lots of NIMBYs who stick their spanners in the works.  Even for a helicopter landing into a field you do need to get permission from the owner and let the Police know.  If you have a heli pad in your garden the same goes for planning permission.  

Be good if you didn't just throw out misinformation like this RG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert

12 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

Internet crap here as usual..  the pleb comment was sent ages ago but not received...?

Hi Matty, a "cross thread" perhaps ?

Humble apologies if my threads are a little difficult to comprehend or unravel, i will try harder to make them simpler and easier to fathom in future...

Google E  and T, select E and T magazine. Scroll down, look to right and see futuristic passenger flying taxi's.....VTOL...

The article Dr. Dai sent in his email said "1000's of UK airfields " ?

Are there 2001 airfields or more in the UK at the moment, real full size ones ?

A VTOL airfield would be so much smaller than a full size or even club airfield, meaning they could materialise almost anywhere, subject to conditions etc..

This could result in reduced or more regulated flying fields for us, compulsory rid and/or other conditions imposed by caa...

It was suggested that model fliers might propose a "standard"  or definition for a "park flier" but it seems we want to wait for caa to impose a standard on us.

No "definition", so ASA are more or less "ineffective" relative to what is written on some models and their boxes maybe ?

Depends how you read things, between the lines, or join the dits I suppose.

I have been told the older we get the more cynical we become.....

Horizon.....

So difficult to see cas stuff on this phones matchbox sized screen with crap internet signal, whilst on a real computer with a big screen in the library, is a different world.

I am saving hard for a modern real computer and internet, any one wanna buy an RC boat or eighties motorcycle/70's moped ???

Have a great weekend guys and gals....

It would really help if you learnt how to post links to things you want to discuss on this forum - it’s not hard, even from a phone. Here is the article I assume you were talking about, took only a few seconds to copy and paste the URL from the top of the page…

https://eandt.theiet.org/2024/01/25/uk-aviation-watchdog-consults-vertiport-designs

Here is how to copy and share links from an Android phone:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/10051760?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#zippy=%2Cshare-pages-with-others%2Cshare-pages-with-yourself

…or from iOS:

https://www.dummies.com/article/technology/electronics/cell-phones/iphones/how-to-share-web-page-links-on-your-iphone-146953/