CAA Membership Disappeared - Anyone Else Had The Same?

12 hours ago, John Lee said:

As has already been pointed out you can check you CAA registration status on the CAA website, whether you pay them directly or via the BMFA: https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/my-registration

Thanks, I've just done that; I'm covered till July. Perhaps that is why they didn't send me a reminder. It's a shame it isn't co-ordinated with the BMFA membership. I wonder why BMFA insurance isn't automatically renewed like other insurances; normally you get renewed unless you actively opt out.

Advert

7 minutes ago, Arthur Harris said:

I wonder why BMFA insurance isn't automatically renewed like other insurances; normally you get renewed unless you actively opt out.

Its a membership, not just insurance. Insurances only auto renew if you select to be auto renewed. However you can tick the box for your membership to auto renew if thats what you want to do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy Symons - BMFA said:

Its a membership, not just insurance. Insurances only auto renew if you select to be auto renewed. However you can tick the box for your membership to auto renew if thats what you want to do.

I didn't know that, that is useful to know. The cost of membership is peanuts compared to the consequences if it lapses, that's what I'll do in future!

2 hours ago, Arthur Harris said:

Thanks, I've just done that; I'm covered till July. Perhaps that is why they didn't send me a reminder. It's a shame it isn't co-ordinated with the BMFA membership. I wonder why BMFA insurance isn't automatically renewed like other insurances; normally you get renewed unless you actively opt out.

I don't know what world you live in Arthur, but if you pay your money to the CAA why should they be interested in coordinating with the BMFA?  If on the other hand, you paid your CAA fee with your BMFA and Club subs then it would be.  

You are also completely confusing BMFA insurance with the CAA payment.  Do you really understand what each of the CAA and the BMFA are responsible for?  Rather than just posting without finding out why not try the novelty of finding out first?  The rest of us seem to manage OK.

4 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

You are also completely confusing BMFA insurance with the CAA payment.  Do you really understand what each of the CAA and the BMFA are responsible for?  Rather than just posting without finding out why not try the novelty of finding out first?  The rest of us seem to manage OK.

Grow up. I originally posted to show how different the CAA and BMFA work, making payments difficult rather than easy as most organisations do. That's what the thread is about.