Electric motor won’t start

Hi, my first try with electric RC, I have a FlySky FS16 and recently bought a kit of motor, esc,servos etc admittedly cheap, the servos work but the motor just twitches and bleeps, the transmitter has no effect on it, I’ve charged the battery and checked the connections 
Any help would be great fully received 

Perhaps post a picture of your setup so that we can see what is plugged in to where.  I assume you’ve connected the ESC lead to the throttle channel?

I can’t say for certain but I think this transmitter complies with the normal direction - Futaba kit needs the throttle channel reversing before starting the process. 

You may need to train the ESC to the throttle channel - most require you to connect the battery with the throttle wide open, wait for the beeping sequence to stop/change, NO PROPELLER FITTED PLEASE, and then close it.  The beeping stops/changes once it’s complete.  

Best to go with the ESC instruction leaflet which will hopefully have been supplied. 

1 hour ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Perhaps post a picture of your setup so that we can see what is plugged in to where.  I assume you’ve connected the ESC lead to the throttle channel?

I can’t say for certain but I think this transmitter complies with the normal direction - Futaba kit needs the throttle channel reversing before starting the process. 

You may need to train the ESC to the throttle channel - most require you to connect the battery with the throttle wide open, wait for the beeping sequence to stop/change, NO PROPELLER FITTED PLEASE, and then close it.  The beeping stops/changes once it’s complete.  

Best to go with the ESC instruction leaflet which will hopefully have been supplied. 

I think you have the lead in a socket marked VCC?   This is not the throttle channel.

Funnily enough, someone else new to electric power made this mistake very recently.  Unlike an IC setup, the ESC needs to power the receiver through the channel that supplies the throttle channel position data.  I believe this is channel 3 on this radio.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Made a lot easier by another's experience a week or so ago!

I hate to mention it, but I said the same in post 3, above - also because of the problem someone had a week or so ago 😛  It wouldn't have crossed my mind either, otherwise.  Of course, I would never, ever, dream of blowing my own trumpet.

It just shows the depth of knowledge available on this forum - multiple members knew the answer!

Worth pointing out to a new to electric person that if the motor does not go round the correct way then just swop any two of the motor leads.

18 minutes ago, kc said:

It just shows the depth of knowledge available on this forum - multiple members knew the answer!

Worth pointing out to a new to electric person that if the motor does not go round the correct way then just swop any two of the motor leads.

kc - just to clarify for newbies, this is any 2 of the 3 leads going to the motor.  These leads carry the 3 phase AC power that the ESC supplies to the motor having converted from the DC input from the battery pack.  As written, there is just the chance someone would swap the leads into the ESC from the battery - which is terminal for most ESCs of course.

I always take the view that if there is some ambiguity there's a chance of an error being made.