Jr propo x3810 radio transmitter manual?

Neddy

You should always switch off the Rx before switching off the Tx.

What you have triggered isbthe Failsafe by turning off the Tx first.  The Rx sees that as a lost signal and goes into Failsafe.

You need to set the Failsafe so thatnon signal loss, for an eldctric motor,the motor shuts down.  For IC, you would set it to idle.

Find the section on Failsafe and after you select motor it should allow you to set the throttle position.  You will need to set it at zero or 100 depending on what the existing setting says.

You test the Failsafe by having both Tx and Rx switched on and then switching off the Tx.  There may be a slight delay when you turn off the Tx before the motor stops.  You should do this check before starting every flying session to check the Failsafe is working correctly.

I think I have cleared data. I have been looking at the frisky manual re failsafe settings. I will re bind the receivers and see whether that clears this throttle running with tx power off. I will have to learn to turn off plane connection before shutting down the transmitter.

FrSky_DJT_Manual_v0.1.pdf

Failsafe is set in the receiver, normally by setting the sticks and switches to the failsafe positions you want then a quick press on the bind button and the receiver will acknowledge by flashing the LED lights, that's standard but can depend on what actual receiver you are using, look up the receiver manual on the FrSky website if unsure.

Edited by Philip Lewis 3
Spelling

1 hour ago, Neddy said:

The FrSky Manual for my module is on the previous post it does mention setting failsafe. But seems to lack actual information about it.

It tells you on pages 8 and 9 of the manual you uploaded, you almost certainly have the first version (ROM A):

FAILSAFE: For those instances when the model flies out of range of the transmitter for more than a brief instant, the receiver provides a settable failsafe function on all servo channels. There are two implementations of this failsafe function. The ROM A version is shipped with all modules.

ROM A version To use the failsafe function, follow the steps below. 1- Bind the receiver first (see binding section above). 2- Move the transmitter controls for all channels to the desired position whenever failsafe occurs. 3- Press briefly the F/S button of the receiver (less than 1 second), the transmitter module will make a long “beep”, indicating the failsafe position is stored in the receiver. These settings will be stored until the receiver is bound again to the transmitter.

• ROM B version This version is provided as a user installed firmware upgrade. The firmware is available from the download section of the FrSky website. With this version you can set failsafe position on the Transmit module at any time during your flight. 1- Bind the receiver first (see binding section above). 8 DJT Manual Rev.0.12- Move the transmitter controls for all channels to the desired position whenever failsafe occurs. 3- Press briefly the F/S button of the Transmitter module (less than 1 second), the transmitter module will make a long “beep”, indicating the failsafe position is remembered by the receiver, even when flying. The same action can be achieved when the model is on the ground by pushing the F/S button on either the transmitter or the receiver. Ifyou wantto disable the failsafe function, with eitherROM version, re-bind the receiver to the transmitter. This will set the failsafe feature in the normal offstate. Note that ifyou accidentlypress the “F/S Range”button ofthe transmitter module during yourflight(with ROM B), you willupdate the failsafe positions inadvertently.