Kits

Diamond Geezer

Advert

Hi again dd, I am assuming both kits are complete and unstarted, is that correct please.

Please could you show content s . The beechcraft kit the box lid just lifts off. Not sure about 

Rare bird box, may be a lift off lid, may be a contents  slide out type of box.

Sorry to hassle....

Over.....

Do you think the posty can see the road signs ?

Like me, they cannot see the large sign in the window right next to the front door that says " Deliveries, please use the DOOR KNOCKER provided".

The posty says he can read.

My daughter, when she was probably no older than seven or eight, won one of DPR's 'Concordes' at their 'Hit the kit' competition at Alexandra Palace years ago. DPR did so much to encourage kids to get involved whenever they appeared at various shows etc at the time, and it was sad when they sold the business some years ago and no longer had their kid's comps and demos.

I believe that DPR were bought out by somebody and I noticed one of their 'Chuckie' kits in a toy shop when I was wandering around with my little grandson, although I think they are no longer made in the UK - one can lead a horse to water, but unlike his mum all those years ago, models and model flying are of little or no interest to him............oh well! :classic_sad:

The very inexpensive foam chuck gliders ( £2.99 is the cheapest I have seen, last year/summer season ) seem to sell quite well. Not a lot of instructions/graphic on the labels......

The much cheaper ( 50p ) coloured profile chuck gliders are quite popular too.

Maybe parents should route out indoor flying event locally and take the kids along.

Dad took us kids ( all the boys at any rate ) to a slope soaring event in churchstoke was it ( long mynd ) , some 60 miles plus from home.

All us boys joined the ATC and had flying experience.

My elder brother and myself are aeromodellers, my younger bro, hang gliders...my lad, ppl but could not afford to keep up experience, way too rich for our meagre budget at the time.

Such is life...

Looking forward to kits arrival...

Thanks dg.

Hi diamond geezer,

Parcel arrived at noon, well packed and the pisty even used the door knocker !

Seems the rarebird has been started with fuz longerons joined, then broken to fit the box !

No matter, not a problem. Briefly check contents, all seems to be there.

Thank you so much, very much appreciated.

I am giving you a sales rating of 100percent, from a happy bunny.

Thanks again, from rich.