Its a what?

Phil Winks

Advert

Have a look here.  The push-me pull-you wing was the Halton Meteor, whilst the lifting body was a Burnelli design built by the Canadian Car Foundry, who had several very large projects on this principal, of which the Loadmaster seems to be tho only one which flew. Must say I like that B2000B.  As for that flying gherkin, I've seen it before but my alzheimer's is slowing me down

Can't find that picture Eric, but I know the one you mean, apparently the car was a 1963 Pontiac convertable according the NASA web site. They also used it for towing the full size M2-F1 into the air with a test pilot at the controls - it seems the car was almost as big a star as the aircraft and pilots.

They also dropped model lifting bodies from a radio control mothership:

That would be a fun model to recreate

Its not a cut and shut,Its not an Impreza Ive beaten Gemma which in my manly world is everything.The guy I bought it from lived in Japan and loved the car so much when he returned to this country imported it with him.It is actually a NissanLucino 1.5 coupe.The running gear is Sunny/Almera so the parts are available.Its Auto and its£1500.The seats go down so it ll take your model,Credit Cards Acepted

Strangely Stephen I don't feel beaten my ability to ID aircraft was best explained by parents as a misspent childhood and now by husband as a misspent life

So onwards to the next challenge. The only hint is that it can be found on the aerofiles web site, should keep people busy for hours: