DX7 sets

Advert

I know that spectrum have a AR9000 rx on the go (not sure if its released yet), and that they are making modules for JR, Hitec etc. So, it would follow that you would be able to get a PCM9 and fit the module system to it. Would be awfully expensive though, if you dont already have a PCM9 set. On the other hand, it would allow the full use of the great programming in the PCM9.

That looks walet bustingly expensive...... but luuuuuvely!!!!

I dont need one, wouldn't use anywhere near 12 channels or all the mixing, but..... if I could afford to buy it, I would!!!

Just have to sell my body on the streets again!

Ok, sold my body, got enough for a switch harness!!

Just as an update, I have been very reliably informed that the next batch of Spektrum sets are to be despatched to UK shops this week. So, If you've been waiting for one (like me), get your name down quick, as they have stated that the full quantity ordered by the shops can't be shipped due to short supply.

Makes you wonder if all this 'demand outstripping supply', is just a clever marketing ploy. I remember Sony doing it with the Playstation 2.

DX-7 I've heard there are problems with uuuughgh didn't understand what the guy was on about so i'm waiting for a while good luck to all you product testers,i'll buy it when it,s proven,(and cheaper)stick with Futaba for now.cheers,happy flying.

What problems have you heard of then Anthony ? As a very pleased owner of a DX7 set since November, and with 9 planes all now "Spekkified", almost 150 flights, and not a single issue so far,not so much as even a glitch - even on the most difficuly EDF I fly, I am intrigued to know. How much product testing do you want ???? Apart from people like me in the UK, the US flyers have been using the stuff for almost 2 years now, and apart from a small issue with a few of the AR9000 receivers, have been well pleased with them. As for price - 240 squid for a DX7 with most of the whistles and bells most flyers will ever need, 4 quality digital servos, and a top class AR7000 receiver...... in comparison to what I and others were paying for far inferior radio equipment 20 years ago its an absolute bargain.
If people did not embrace new developments in the R/C world, we would all still be flying single channel galloping ghost sets !! Incidentally, having seen, flown, and generally played with the Futaba entry level 2.4Ghz tr, I can honestly say I am real glad I went for the Spekky.

Timbo Went mad & have got my birthday present before time 'cos I saw the Futaba 2.4 gear in our local model shop Whitley Bay & bought it along with the Flair Pupeteer kit & think they are both great .Tell me why you prefer the spekky Bear in mind the cost and the fact that I only have about 7 models capable of flying at the moment It was about £160 with 4 3003's & nicads tx&rx Brilliant I thought .By the way does any one want an Optic 6 system never flown ? Newcastle area.

Finally got to fly my new Spektrum in my H9 Showtime 90. Programming really was the easiest I've ever come across, and when you consider that I've never owned a JR set (spekky uses JR programming), I had the plane set up and programmed in about a half hour. Not bad considering the showtime use seperate aileron servos and another two on the elevators.
Flying was uneventful, and I had 5 glitch-free flights, even flying through a glitchy area at our field.
Well impressed!!! Definately the best thing to hit the shelves for a long while.