GWS T6

Advert

the Setup is

GWS BL2215/12t brushless motor with castle crations 18amp esc & 11.1v 3S 1800mh 20c lipo battery.
Running prop 10x6 slow fly,

Hitec optic 6 tx/rx & 4 servo mini 9g

motor is running at 120watts & 15amps( flying weight approx 550g).

Weather still bad will have to wait for maiden flight, will keep you all posted..

• 3 weeks later...
Here's my T6, heavily disguised as a CAC Wirraway, an Australian ground support plane based on the AT-6. It was bought last October from BRC as the SG version for twenty quid, uses a Towerpro 2408/21 and 20A ESC (also from BRC, at a tenner for both!), and Spektrum 2.4GHz radio. Flies beautifully at half throttle, is MENTAL at full throttle and has a strange attraction for the trees in the local park......
Have fun with it, Chris!

NPS (No Power System) - comes pre-painted, and includes motor mount and undercarriage wires and wheels.
SG (slope Glider) - comes in unpainted foam, without wheels, wires or motor mount.
Available in standard, polystyrene -type foam or EPO, which is denser and has a finer surface finish (see the review of the GWS P-40 in this month's mag)
The options seem to be fairly standard in the newer models in the GWS range.
Hope this helps

Nice T6's guys. The GWS SG kits are a great buy especially if you want to do your own colour scheme. Here's mine sitting in the snow. I can confirm that it still flies happily in a minor blizzard, the only limitation being this pilot's aeging vision. Have chosen a Kiwi version as opposed to Eck's rather nice Aussie job. The non scale rubber band is my belts and braces approach to avoiding previous experience of  two hours in the heather searching for the battery hatch. You can't see it in the air. 

This model is getting seriously bashed about and I've lost count of the literally hours of flight time I have enjoyed with it. Painted mine in emulsion. Never again! Stick to Acrylics.
I find the plastic cowlings of these kits very vulnerable to crash damage and have started reinforcing the inside. Also taking a plaster plug of cowl and canopy of any new kits.

Using a bell motor, 1300maH 3s LiPo and 8x4 APC clone prop. Performance superb.

Hi All,
I bought the SG version of this a couple of weeks ago and have a question for you. I have a waypoint motor sat around waiting for it but not sure if it will be suitable. Its the W-E2208-30T, what are your thoughts on its suitability for this model with an 18A ESC and the GWS 9050 prop ?

Thanks

Ed

• 1 month later...