LANDER F-16 Has anyone got one,some feedback please

Mark Jones

Advert

Hi,

I've not flown the F16 yet but its on its way !, if its like the other lander models I've flown , the Panther and the Rafale see here for the rafale

and

here  for the panther

I used 9g servos (BRC) for all surfaces and metal gear high torque micros (giantcod) for the retracts.

What power system are you putting in her ?

Hi Mark, 

All I can say with the retract doors is spend plenty of time making sure they work, test, test and test again.

As for the servos yes the BRC 9g's are great.

Your EDF must be the 3575KV motor, please make sure that you test out the Watts before flying, it should be about:

800-830W holding about 14.7-15V and drawing around 54-57A

Remember to set the ESC timing to low and use a decent 4s pack, when I say decent I mean something that can hold the amps for the duration.

• 2 weeks later...
Mark, 
Although I know someone's probably got another opinion I have always extended the battery cables as opposed to the ESC wires, mainly because I'm lazy and would rather extend two rather than 3 wires but hey its always been ok for me, the rafale requires long battery leads for both fans !

The only problem I found was with RX noise (my A7 was terrible and made me go 2.4Ghz !) but if your 2.4Ghz you won't have a problem

James 

Preferred option is to extend motor wires NOT battery wires - but many people have ignored this and been fine. The danger is one of frying the input buffer capacitors on the ESC, and this could be something which happens with certain ESCs and not others - dependant on the quality of components.
May also happen after some time rather than immediately.

• 1 month later...
Hi Mark - thats a pity about the nosewheel, any reson why it failed??
- as for the wire length thing, the cable quality and connectors will have no effect on the issue discussed - neither will the fact that its 2.4Ghz - however you have one successful flight under your belt, so lets hope you are in the clear .
My fly fly hawk has VERY long battery leads and I too am hoping that all will be OK - hope to maiden her this coming week.

Hi Timbo think it was a few things, on my first landing i flared bit early then think the nose wheel touched first. also i used normal mini servo and its stripped it ,finding a metal geared one today- and after a bit of surgery it should be ok.
Hope your hawk goes well. im just getting my second phase 3 F-16 airframe and putting the Red Velocity metal fan in it     -  should go quite well on 4s.

hi guys ,
just looking through your posts, have just got a panther and wondering if anyone has a scale drawing of the servo arm mod for the retracts and gear doors, can any one help ?? , have done a post on this already so if repeating my self appologies
jerry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...