Dunstable Down

Advert

Not advisable with all those real ones using the same airspace, let alone the thousands of families on a nice day flying kites and the golf course right behind you. Why not go to Ivinghoe on the next ridge over (about 4 miles away) and join them. They are a nice bunch and the LGC pilots know they are to stay away from Ivinghoe.

ISA (Ivinghoe Soaring Association) is a very nice club to belong to.

Alan

I doubt you'd be at all popular and as you would be seen as endangering aircraft, as the ridge is used extensively for hill soaring down to hilltop height, in breach of the Air Navigation Order.  In addition to hill soaring, gliders' landing approaches are flown close to the hill in anything from Northerlies to South Westerlies (when the ridge is working) and particularly in Westerlies.

Alex, I fly off Garway, Hay Bluff, Murbach and Hatterall Hill.  But I'm not doing much flying at the moment nor will be for about six months while I finish off a retirement project which is eating up most of my time.  When it's done I'll be back to flying big time!
Bill