OS 52 FS running probs

Delta Whiskey

Advert

When you remove the battery, the plug relies on a chemical reaction (the platinum element acts as a catalyst) to stay glowing.  A duff plug with deposits on the element (or in the case of cheaper plugs, worn platinum plating) will glow through the heating effect of the battery current but fail to sustain.

If it isn't the plug then the mixture may be too rich which overcools the element and stops the reaction.  A good indication of a rich idle mixture is a large rev. drop when you remove the plug lead.  Try leaning the main needle a little first, as there is an overall effect at idle but failing this making any difference, it's most likely that the idle needle will need screwing in somewhat - best to get someone at your club who knows a bit about engines to show you how to adjust it though...although it does outline the procedure in the manual.

Edited By Martin Harris on 19/03/2009 10:03:53

Resolved ! Due to 2 problems I think......

The plug was an OS no.8 which I also use in my heli OS52 SX Max Hyper 2 stroke, so I changed that to a Type F which looks that tad longer I varified it said on the box it was for the OS52 FS, but it still died on glow stick removal, then I noticed that the needle value itslef was actually closing itself due to vibrations!

I had a spare OS 52 FS, (from my crashed ultimate) and quickly swapped over the needles and it was fine!  I can now take it down the field to get a 'pro' to tune it better!

I take it the OS no.8 plugs are the wrong type for a FS?